Sunday 24 June 2012

This is what an anti-rape and anti-sexual abuse campaign looks like

via Khale at http://misspixnmix.tumblr.com whose wonderful "I do not have an eating disorder" comic I've mentioned previously.




This is an anti-rape campaign that places no blame, and no responsibility (except on the perpetrator), but encourages bystander intervention. It is amazing. Men Can Stop Rape, an American organisation, also seem amazing.

Did I mention I'm a feminist? It shouldn't come as any great surprise, as I hope this blog has so far made clear that I'm no doormat. TTBAMS is what a feminist looks like.

                        "I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express                        sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat"
                                                                                        - Rebecca West 



Before anyone thinks, I do know full well that this kind of campaign does not prevent every rape or sexual assault or abuse. But maybe it makes a difference, starfish-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment